When does item under active development warning disappear?

We have a metadata item at recorded status which means this item is locked for changes.

This warning still exists on this metadata item

When is this warning meant to disappear?

Hi @Adrian, there are currently 5 banners that can show up at the top of an item page or at the top of the editor:

• This item is under active development. Content may change frequently. - Displayed if there are no registration statuses, or the item has been registered to a status level that is not locked.
  • This item is currently under development. - Displayed if the item has been registered to a status level that is locked, but not public.
  • This item is currently public - Displayed if the item has been registered to a status level that is public, or has been published by a Stewardship Organisation. Note: this doesn’t show on the item page and will only show as a warning when editing content.
  • This item has been retired and is not recommended for use by any registration authority - Displayed if the item has been registered at the “Retired” status level by all Registration Authorities that have registered it.
  • This item has been superseded by a newer version by one or more Registration Authorities. - Displayed if the item has been registered at the “Superseded” status level by all Registration Authorities that have registered it.

If the warning is still appearing, can you let me know?

Lauren

1 Like

@lauren I have checked a number of our metadata items which are at the recorded level (locked) and I can confirm these are all showing the first banner.

@Adrian thank you for checking! Yes, it does cause some confusion for users as to what they can/can’t or should/shouldn’t be editing or changing. Would be great to be able to give some guidance as to when this banner appears or not. Great question Adrian.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know Adrian. I’ve passed it onto the team to investigate and will let you know what turns up soon.

@LaurenC When we’ve got this sorted out, it would be good to hear more about how we can make this alert less confusing - perhaps we can look into it in a future feedback session?

1 Like

That would be great @sam we will put the call out for the team to get some ideas to bring to the future feedback session. Thanks for getting back to us.