Bulk Uploading Permissible Values

Hi, I have some Value Domains which have large numbers of permissible values and am wondering if there is a way to add them in bulk. Would be a huge time saver.
Thanks
Robin

Hi Robin,

To do this, you can use the SDDF upload feature. Go to ‘Create Metadata’ and click on ‘Upload SDDF’.

Download the Excel template and fill in the value domain fields, such as Value Domain, Value Domain Definition, Value Domain Permissible Values, and so on. Once you are done, upload the filled template using the SDDF upload option, and you will be able to bulk upload value domains along with their permissible values.

Cheers,
Shikha

Thanks Shikha, I can only see one Value Domain Permissible Values column, so do I put the Permissible Values, Meaning and start and end dates all into that column? And where I have an existing VD and just wanting to add the PV’s, meaning and dates do I just use the existing VD name? Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks
Robin

Hi Robin,

Currently you can do bulk upload for the Value domain and the permissible values, but not for the start and end dates.
Just needed some clarification, are you trying to update the permissible values, start date and end date for a value domain, or you are looking to do it for bulk value domains altogether?

If it solves the issue you are facing, I would like to propose this as a suggestion, if you are looking to update one value domain with a lot of permissible values. We can add three more buttons along with the Add under the permissible value, when you go to “Actions” - “Open item editor” - “Components” Tab

Let me know if this is something you would like, otherwise we can discuss it in our upcoming meeting.

Cheers,
Shikha